Saturday 13 June 2009

basking in sunshine and goodness






One of the (very many) reasons I love photography is because it reminds me that I got out there. That I saw and experienced those things. That I was there, not under the duvet. That I found the energy and it was good.



Today the sun shone beautifully, really really beautifully. And our lawn has not been cut in quite a while and is very meadow like at the moment... which I think is great! As I returned home (worn out) I was about to go inside, and hide somewhere, when the lawn called me. So I went to it, and lay upon it and joined it in basking in the gorgeous sunshine. And I had my camera (of course!!) and so I lay in the daisy, clover, dandelion filled grass, looked through the lens and saw. It was such a restful, free time. And now I look at the photos and think... yep... I got out there, I didn't waste the moments to be had. I soaked up the goodness.



 I hope you guys have had some goodness to soak up today too!

3 comments:

daniela said...

these are beautiful jodie...serene....i can feel it. perhaps i shall do the same today - crawl out from under the duvet and put my face to the sun. thank you for this. xo

christina said...

these photographs are stunning! i want to lay in that daisy filled grass too. wink.

so glad you found me through Jac.

i love it here.
; )

Suvarna said...

yes!
:-)