Saturday 18 April 2009

finished!



Ok so you know I said I was collecting buttons for a project? Well I finished it yesterday and thought you might like to see....



Yep... Its a button lamp! I have threaded my favourite buttons onto a lampshade frame and now I can look at them all the time. I found this lamp base in TK Maxx (one of my favourite shops) and it was super cheap... bonus! Then I collected the buttons (I already had quite a few but I picked up some bargains from ebay too) and voila!



It was a lot of fun to do, searching through the button tin and selecting the right ones in the right size and it was so simple! And I think it has turned out quite cute. Although it took far more buttons than I thought it would... 254 in total.

Plus It casts some cool shadows when lit!



I keep looking at it, trying to choose my favourite button, favourite row. And when I have looked and looked at one section I can just turn it around! winner.



So... what do you think?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i ADORE it! what a fantastic idea and the shadows they create are wonderful!!

sazzy

Jac said...

Wow! Jodie, this is genius! I love the way it casts button shadows on the wall, such a great idea. I can't quite work out from the photo, is the shade itself just a frame with the buttons hanging down? So clever and worth the wait to see what you'd been up to. It looks as though it would have been fun to do and your tag of playing sums it up nicely. Clever you! :)

triplej said...

Hello Ladies!

Thank you, glad you like it!

Yep Jac I took the fabric off the lampshade and just threaded wire through the buttons and wound it around the frame at both ends. A lot of fun!

Suvarna said...

Oh! Jodi, this is sooooooooooo cute! I love love love it! The shadow effect when it's on is so enchanting. Gorgeous work of art!

Anonymous said...

jodie...I was just checking it to see if you had a new blog post and read your comment about how you wired the buttons on to the shade. I just assumed you did it with a needle and thread! wow...you wired them? i'm not sure i could do that.

sazzy