Wednesday 6 May 2009

Bank Holiday Goodness


On Monday we took a road trip to Dunwich a lovely suffolk coastal village just south of Southwold. The National Trust run Dunwich Heath, an area of the cliffs covered with beautiful yellow gorse, soon to be purple heather, forests and streams. There is a path down to the rugged coastline and the beach that is covered with interesting washed up treasures. Its one of my favourite places to go. Plus it helps that there is a lovely tea shop up on the cliffs where you can treat yourself to tea and cake after all that beach walking! 



So we walked and sat and watched



and took polaroids (I have to find a scanner!) and chatted and discovered hidden bluebells





and breathed the sea air deeply and played with abstracts and had an indulgent cream tea 



and wandered through the heather and listened to the birds and friends joined us and we had a happy day! 



I am sure It wont be long before I drift back there.





3 comments:

Suvarna said...

Oh so beautiful, what a perfectly peaceful place to spend an afternoon, gorgeous photos! The beach shot and the abstract, my favourites.

Jac said...

It sounds lovely Jodie. I especially like the sound of the indulgent cream tea! The bluebells are so lovely at this time of year especially if you find them when you least expect them. So you have a polaroid camera? I quite fancy one but like you I don't have a scanner! Hope this next weekend is as nice, oh and I'll get your cd out to you early next week as I'm away this weekend and I need to get an envelope to put it in!!

daniela said...

will we all go here together someday? i do hope so :-) it looks tranquil, beautiful, serene. lovely jodie.